Trekking is the best way to explore the Himalayas and uncover its beauty. But there are few treks that are strictly not for novice adventurists. Select the best and the most suitable trekking expedition for you from the 10 Himalayan treks for beginners mentioned here:
1.Valley of Flowers Trek : Millions of wild flowers along with lilies, poppy, sediams, calendular,geranium, daisies makes it a fairy land hidden between the majestic Himalayan peaks. The serene beauty of Himalayan Mountain ranges with hidden streams make it an magical place.A bio diversity hot spot this is also home to numerous spices of butterflies, birds and insects too.Valley of Flowers is one of the most alluring treks in India.
Height: 12,000 Ft.
Best Time: July – September
2. Chopta – Chandrashila Trek : An all season trek with enthralling sights of mountain peaks, dense forests , passes and stunning vistas.You can reach Sari from Haridwar and then trek to Chopta to Chandrashila via Tungnath Temple. One of the best treks in the Gharwal Himalayas for the beginners. Come here to trek and discover the rustic charm of the unexploited village Chopta, known as the ‘Mini Switzerland of India’.
Height: 3925 ft
Best Time : May to November and January to March
3. Triund Hill Trek : A very easy and popular weekend treks near McLeodganj, the Triund Hill Trek welcomes you with spectacular views of Dhauladhar ranges. The treak takes you to bright forests of rhododendrons, green pastures and flowering meadows. The entire trek is very rich in fauna and offers lovely natural sights along with birdsongs to soothe the soul. For more adventure from here you can also trek to Indrahara Pass via the Lahesh Caves.
Height: 6,184 ft to 9,760 ft
Best Time : August – November
4.Dayara Bugyal : Trekking to Dayara Bugyal would leave you fascinated by the magnificent snowcapped peaks, evergreen forests of oak and pine, rhododendron forests and soothing verdant surroundings. This trek starts Barsu near Uttarkashi and takes you to one of the highest meadows of the world at Darya Bugyal.
Best Time: May to June, September to October
5. Prashar Lake Trek : An enticing trekking trail to the blue water Lake Prashar is a great idea for newbie trekkers. The Dhauladhar ranges of Kullu Valley that surround the lake make for an amazing sight. Dense woods and numerous rivulets form the path of the trek. Baggi Village (26 kilometers from Mandi) is the starting point of the trek.
Best Time : All through the Year (except Monsoons)
6. Kedar Kantha Trek : Blanket of snow, meadows and splendid Himalayan Ranges amidst the serene and yet tortuous path of dense forests are the highlights of Kedar Kantha Trek. What makes this trek unique is that you can try skiing at Shepherd Camp. Reach to Sankri from Dehradun via Mussoorie. Trekking trail traverses to Shepherd Camp via Juda-ka-Talab. From Shepherd Camp, you have to head towards Kedar Kantha through the base camp.
Best Time: All Year Round
7. Dodital Trek : If you are looking for an easy trek, Dodital Trek is the perfect choice for you. You would be accompanied by numerous Himalayan birds, green grasslands and immense natural beauty as you trek through. Doesn’t that sound pretty much tempting? The Dodital Lake is a sight to behold. Binocular and camera are a must.
Height: 10,300 ft
Best Time : April to November
8.Hampta Trek : Birds chirping all around, waterfalls, lush green surroundings and peace of mind! What else can you ask for? Hampta Pass Trek is the best trek for newbies. Connecting the picturesque Lahaul and Kullu valleys, its an easy trek with great views of the glaciers, forests and the majestic Himalayas. Manali – Chika – Balu ka Dhera – Siagoru by crossing Hampta Pass – Chatru are the main trek sites in the trail.
Best Time : June to September
9.Sandakphu Trek : Sandakphu Trek is rightly known as Trekker’s Wonderland. Ideal for beginners it offers the best of the views of the Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalu. The trek also covers a huge range of flora and fauna, views of snow-clad peaks and forests. From Siliguri you need to reach Manebhanjan, the starting point. Manebhanjan – Tumling – Lakipokhri – Sandakphu – Srikhola are the main campsites of this trek.
Best Time : All Year Except Monsoons
10. Sham Valley Trek, Ladakh : It covers various monasteries of the Leh- Ladakh region and gives you a sneak peek into the monastic lifestyle. Enjoy the alluring sights of Spituk, Hemis, Thiksey, Lamayuru and Alchi in this trek along with the famed Indus Valley civilization sites and Sham Kingdom.Sham Valley trek also known as ‘Baby Trek‘ due to its low elevation.
Best Time: Mid June to September.
Trekking is a great way to explore the hilly regions and have a glimpse of nature from close by.
Himalayan Treks Featured Image source