Come February and the impressive sites of the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur and the Ahhichatragarh Fort in Nagaur shall welcome the best Sufi artists from India and across the world. This is a higly prestigious festival that takes you to an extraordinary and sacred musical journey.
Dates and Venue
- 22nd – 24th February 2016 , The Ahhichatragarh Fort, Nagaur , Rajasthan.
- 26th – 27th February 2016 , Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur , Rajasthan.
The Uniqueness of The World Sufi Spirit Festival
This is an iconic musical extravaganza that is highly accredited as it features some of the finest talents from across the world at their best.
Every evening as this brilliant musical journey unfolds the venues get adorned by thousands of candles and flickering oil lamp making the whole atmosphere magical. Nowhere can you experience a musical journey that is so stimulating, exclusive and soul-steering. Both the Mehrangarh and Ahhichatragarh forts have been wisely chosen for their splendid beauty and natural acoustics.
Artists World Sufi Spirit Festival 2016
- Amjad Ali Khan with Amaan and Ayaan Ali Khan – The devotion to the art of Sarod, – India
- Andrés Marín with Divana – Dance , Spain and Rajasthan
- Daud Khan Sadozai – A master of Robab, Afghanistan
- Driss El Maloumi | Oud – Sufi Music, Morocco
- Deveshi Sahgal – Hindustani Classical Music and other geners, India
- Fanna-Fi-Allah – Sufi Qawwali , Pakistan
- Maati Baani- World music band, India
- Madan Gopal Singhji – “ChaarYaar” , India
- Manganiyars and the Langas children workshop, Rajasthan – India
- Sardar Gurdayal Singh – The Sikh Dhadi Poets ,Punjab – India
- Sheikh Yasîn al-Tuhâmi- Sufi legend , Egypt
- Stelios Petrakis Quartet – Cretan music, Greece
- Tamango – ancient rituals to Tap Dancing , French Guiana
- Yulduz Turdieva- The great historical tradition of Bukhara, Uzbekistan
Bookings for the festival are open and to get the early bird discounts and complete information of stay and bookings please click here.
Reaching The World Sufi Spirit Festival
Nagaur does not have a airport and the nearest airport is at Jodhpur , at about 135 kms from the venue. You can board a bus or take a taxi directly to the Ahhichatragarh Fort in Nagaur. The railway station in Nagaur is well connected with the major cities of India, and one can take a bus, cab or auto-riskshaw to Ahhichatragarh Fort.
A flight can be taken to Jodhpur airport for reaching Mehrangarh Fort. The Fort is also well connected with all nearby cities through wide networks of roads. The venue is just 15 min away from Jodhpur Railway Station.