Saptak Music Festival, introduced by Pt. Ravi Shankar in 1980, is the one of the most celebrated Indian classical music events in India. Celebrated every year in the first week of January in the city of Ahmedabad this festival lets everyone explore and soak up the timeless essence of classical music by great maestros.
Dates: 1st January – 13th January 2016
The festival will have 56 sessions and feature more than 200+ lead artists and 40+ students. The programme will have several features and other than covering the entire spectrum of vocal music it will also have performances by some of the well-known instrumental and classical dance artists.
There shall be morning sessions to enable listeners to enjoy the morning ragas. In the upcoming ’36th Saptak Annual Music Festival– 2016′ two morning sessions shall be held on Sunday, 3rd & 10th January 2016.
The Imminent Participating Artists
- Vocalist :Pandit Jasraj, Vidushi Girija Devi,Pt. Rajan Sajan Mishra, Shubha Mudgal, Pt. Ulhas Kashalkar,Pt. ,Smt. ,Pt. Umakant Ramakant Gundecha, Ajoy Chakrabarty, Kaushiki Chakrobarty,Begum Parveen Sultana and others.
- Instrumental : Pt. Shivkumar Sharma,Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, Ustad Amjad Khan, Pt.Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Ustad Shahid Parvez, Anushka Shankar, Ustad Shujat Khan and many more.
- Tabla/Pakhawaj: Pt.Puran Maharaj,Pt.Anindo Chetterjee,Shri Vishnu Sahai, Pt.Kumar Bose, Shri Shubh Maharaj, Shri Ramkumar Mishra and others
- Kathak : Pt.Diapk Mahara and Smt. Shovana Narayan
How to Attend:
There are no tickets and the attendees must have an guest invitation card or a pass to attend this gala musical fest. To know more about how to attend Click Here.
How to Reach
- Air: Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport is 10km north of the Ahmedabad city and operates both national and international flights.
- Rail: Ahmedabad railway station is linked with all the major cities of India through the extensive rail network.
- Road: National Highway 8 connects Ahmedabad to Delhi, Mumbai and other major cities of western India while National Highway 8C links it to Gandhinagar.
Feature Image saptak.org